Sunday, February 26, 2006

Santiago y la costa

... on Friday we actually went out: we is Gustavo (Argentina), Florencina (Argentina), Gerald (France) and I. We went to Bellavista. It is a part of Santiago with many many bars and night clubs. That was a lot of fun. I tried a drink called Manzanilla. Well, you have to get uesed to it first.

On Saturday I went with Yuri and 2 friends of him (a older couple, but very nice) to Valparaíso. Oh, what a wonderful city. I mean, the roads are full with cars and the way of driving reminded me a lot of Roma, but it was fun. Valparaíso is really beautiful. Colorful houses, unique furniculars to get up the hills, narrow and winding streets. There I ate fresh fish from the Pacific. There are some really nice beaches, crowded with people. I put my feet in the water - it was just freezing. But no reason not to go swimming for them.
Later that day we went to Vina del Mar. Also very pretty, though more modern. It reminded me of Santa Monica in California with these long beach and cars parking right next to it, the rows of hotels and these many palm trees.
I really enjoyed that trip. Thank you Poli, Mario and Yuri!

Today I went to see the Virgen de San Christobal in Santiago. Had lunch and having to go to the bus station to check out the departure for tomorrow. Santiago is an interesting and huge city. I like it. Very friendly people. In some areas men are standing on the street wanting to repair your car, and this offer is also used. Loads of yellow olderly buses in the streets, which seem to stop by chance. There a some fixed places to get in the bus but don´t expect a plan or something providing a time or dircetion. The dircetion is only on the bus front rear, I haven´t figured it out yet. On the other hand, taxis are cheaper than in Germany and people use it quite offen. Also there are a lot of musicians in the streets, many shoe cleaner stands on the sidewalk. And not to forget, these nice cafés in town...

Well, I am not sure yet, however, I planned to go south tomorrow. Probably until Puerto Montt first and then further south to Patagonia. I plan on staying in this area about 2 weeks.

That´s it for right now. Besito y hasta luego!

3 comments:

a* said...

hallo mausemaus

schön das du gut angekommen bist, da bin ich ja beruhigt,
wünsc hdir ne schöne zeit und pass gut auf dich auf

hdl

Anonymous said...

hey meine schnecke, bin ja so froh dass du gut angekommen bist. freut mich zu hören, dass es dir so gut gefällt und du dich halbwegs verständigen kannst. wünsch dir noch weiterhin ganz viel spass. genieß deine tour und lass dich net unterkriegen. denk ganz doll an dich. hab dich lieb. liebe grüße auch von martin.
besos
kntschi deine consi

Anonymous said...

huhu.

franzi klär mich mal auf - ich dachte immer, patagonien ist in argentinien. zählt man südchile auch dazu?
kommst du auch noch in den "großen norden"? dann bring mal eine salzprobe von einem der salzseen mit. ;) und grüß die flamingos.

bis bald, agnes