Thursday, March 16, 2006

Valdivia

Buenas tardes, Hi and Hello!
Ok, I know my plan was to write a bit more in English... therefore: many greetings to King City!!!
However, not much to tell about today. I´m still in Valdiva... my bus leaves 22.15 and I will be in Santiago by 8.00 tomorrow morning.
Valdivia is very pretty. I like the town even though it is one of the bigger ones. But the rivers are nice, and I had beautiful weather today. I visited the university, which is very nice and with a lot o fnew and modern buildings. I also was at the Institute de Medicina, where I talked to some medicine students (funny that anatmomie book in Spanish), and got a CD of the university from a nice lady at an office...
Later, I stopped by at the rowing club of the university. Also very pretty. Small, but good boats compared to the university rowing club in Heidelberg.
Then I took a bus and went to Niebla to visit a fort from the Spanish ara.
Valdivia has a very nice market where the sea lions wait for some fish and you can get very close to them. Got some nice pictures of that.

So take care. Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Cousin Luanns daughter Kate and her husband lived in Santiago until moving to the states 3 months ago. They hope to return if he doesn't find meaningful work. See ya later. Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, Neid! Rowing Club!!!
Hier ist noch nicht an Rudern zu denken. :(

Grüße, Agnes

Anonymous said...

Hallo Franzi,
endlich hab ich zeit zu lesen was du von dir gibst.ZNS ist bestanden und Extremitäten auch bald bleib euch also erhalten.Genieß die Zeit.
Gruß Ulle

Franzi said...

Juhu Ulle! Ein Lebenszeichen von dir! Congratulations fuer die bestandeneZNS-Pruefung!! Da freu ich mich fuer dich!
Liebe Gruesse