Saturday, April 01, 2006

Jippi! back on Argentinian grounds

From La Paz, the highest capital in the world to Potosi, the highest city in the world on 4070m,
then continuing to Sucre, the constitutional capital of Boliva and finally now back in much safer Argentina - Salta.

Well, that were some exhausting last days with not a lot of sleep, some bad buses and interesting places.
In Potosi I visited a mine, which is the main thing there. That was impressive crawling through tiny dark holes and seeing the miners work. Wow, I thought they stopped working like this centuries ago...very shocking.
Then in the evening to Sucre. Very pretty colonial town and it seemed a lot richer. There I did a tour to dinosaur tracks discovered in 1994. That was quite amazing, too. On the one hand to see left overs from the past and on the other hand, how Bolivians treat these archeological treasures "Oh, yeah and this here in the sand is a fossil alga".

Then I got a bus ticket for the 24 hour trip to Salta via Villazon, a border town... well, I made it there in a crappy bus thinking I would not make it there because the bus had to stop twice in the night on this lonely dirt road to fix something. Well, then after changing my bus ticket 3 times (that´s a long story) I had to walk cross the border to La Quiara. I got all my stamps and finally a bus.
I am glad I am out of Bolivia now without any bigger losses! ... it was nice and interesting but it is just too exhausting, you always have to pay attention, and well yes I did get sick. It was still in La Paz - right in the morning of the day of a 11 hour bus ride. So I had to use my travel first aid kit for the first time, and thanks to Dani I found some usefull stuff. So I didn´t eat a thing and drank only little for almost 2 days because the busses in Bolivia don´t have a toilet on board and stop only little, and since I spent the whole morning in the bathroom, I just didn´t want to take the risk. I am better now...just have to watch what I am eating to leave it in.

So, I am goining to cook this evening again... the first time after 5 days. And guess what...of course..noodles and tomato sauce ;-) (oh I forgot, perhaps there is an asado in the hostal tonight)

I don´t have my further route planned yet, I only know that my days are counted :-( . Soooo sad! 12th of April is coming closer... I am really looking foward to see u guys again, but it is hard to see it all end...

Many greetings and besos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Franzi,
das klingt ja alles total spannend bei dir! Vieles kommt mir da bekannt vor und am liebsten würde ich auch direkt wieder los. Meine drei Wochen Mexiko waren auch sehr schön, aber lange nicht genug.(wenn man einmal anfängt...)jetzt ist bei mir wieder Lernen angesagt. Physioexpertin Dani hilft mir netterweise.
Genieß deine restliche Zeit und ess etwas Manjar für mich mit!
lg, Eva