Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Last Country: Thailand

Hey guys!

Yesterday I arrived in Chiang Mai, Thailand! I have 24 days left and tried to plan my route. I don't have figured out everything yet, but I've come quite far - I will do a 3-day-trekking tour up in the north starting tomorrow, then head a bit south to visit the ruins of Sukhothai, hopefully catching a night bus to Bangkok (again...). I also booked my flight from Bangkok to Surat Thani on 4th october to finally do my island hopping and diving (Ko Tao, Ko Pha-Ngan and Ko Samui). Maybe a week later or so I catch a bus tp Phuket and try to find out what's all about this legendary holiday spot and to do some more island hopping (Ko Phi Phi and Similan Islands) before I head back to Bangkok on the 19th october and finally after being to the airport so often, do some exploring of this city itself. And on 22nd october I have to leave...

So now it's noon and I will use the rest of the day to do some wat sightseeing in Chiang Mai (some 300 temples to see here...) and stroll around the famous Sunday Market. Tomorrow I booked a 3 day tour to trek in the mountains up in the north of Thailand, visit 3 hill tribes and spending 2 nights in their villages, do white water rafting and bamboo rafting and yippiie, and last but not least an elephant ride through the jungle. So after purring rain in Bangkok yesterday, the weather is as perfect as it can be here with 30 degree and sunshine.

:)

No comments: