Thursday, August 07, 2008

Destination Singapore

Yes, getting to Singapore was quite an adventure as well. After arriving in Mersing early in the morning, because we were told to take the first ferry at 7.30am to make sure we don’t miss the bus at 12pm. so we still had plenty of time left to get a nice breakfast.
morning awakning
I soon found out it was the best choice to already buy the ticket a couple of days ago, since Friday to Sunday all locals are on the road as well. So people trying to get tickets to Singapore on Friday morning were not lucky because all buses were sold out. Well I got a ticket, but no bus came at 12pm… after getting quite nervous I got into talking with a family and I was still trying to find out where the bus would arrive in Singapore a man came up to me “why don’t you just ask me, I am from Singapore”  so at least I knew then what to tell holger to come pick me up. My bus eventually arrived 1 hour delayed, but I was finally on my way to Singapore. Amazingly it costs 10 RM (like 2 Euro) to get to Singapore by bus but 35 RM one way to get to the island Tioman by ferry (51km). At the ticket counter they told me it would take 3 hours… so I told holger I would be there around 4pm. well, at 4pm we only where in Johor Bahru and haven”t even crossed the border yet… by that time holger reassured me he’s going to pick me up and a friend as well. As time went by we eventually crossed the bridge and at around 6pm we finally completed the passport and security check only to arrive around 6.30pm at the bus station where holger and youheng were waiting since 4pm… I am still sorry you guys. But it was so nice to be picked up by car and directly having dinner in a recommended area with local food (i mean when i have 2 locals with me ;) ). And since then it is a food experience for me with having new stuff every day. And the food is sooooo good – we only had Chinese and Indian food so far and I am not sure if I will make it at least once around everything. I probably miss the cultural shock compared to the food shock ;)

1 comment:

Frau K. said...

vorerst in sicheren Händen, wenngleich auf abenteuerliche Art und Weise. gut, gut